As a committee member, you influence the SDSMA's direction, acquire new leadership skills and network with physicians who care about the same issues you do.
Committee on Ethics and Judicial Affairs
The Committee on Ethics and Judicial Affairs is made up of five past SDSMA presidents. It interprets the AMA's Principles of Medical Ethics; interprets the articles, bylaws and policies of the SDSMA; investigates general ethical conditions; investigates grievances and educates the profession in the ethical practice of medicine.
- Mary J. Milroy, MD, Yankton - chair
- Tim M. Ridgway, MD, Sioux Falls
- Christopher T. Dietrich, MD, Rapid City
- H. Thomas Hermann, Jr., MD, Sturgis
- Robert E. Van Demark, Jr., MD, Sioux Falls
- Robert J. Summerer, DO, Madison - ex-officio
The SDSMA often sets up issue-specific committees on health care topics of the day. These ad-hoc committees provide opportunity for involvement of members on a variety of topics to address timely issues.
If you are interested in serving on a committee, contact email@example.com or 605.336.1965.