2021 Annual Leadership Conference
Friday, June 4 at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Sioux Falls
Registration is now open for the 2021 SDSMA Annual Leadership Conference! Join us Friday, June 4 at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Sioux Falls. With presentations, discussions, networking opportunities and social events, the Annual Leadership Conference is a great time to share ideas and learn from fellow members. The conference is a benefit of your membership. Registration is free, with tickets for the banquet and SDSMA PAC Lunch available for purchase.
Download a printable registration form
- complete and return to the SDSMA office.
- 8:00 a.m...............Physician Leadership in Times of Crisis and Transition - Susan Bailey, MD, American Medical Association President
- 8:45 a.m...............Physician Burnout: Contributors, Consequences & Solutions - Colin West, MD, PhD
- 9:45 a.m...............Bouncing Forward: Navigating the Post-COVID World for Renewed Well Being - Craig Uthe, MD; Jeffrey Leichter, PhD
- 10:45 a.m.............Panel Discussion: A Focus on Physician Well Being - Tim Ridgway, MD; Colin West, MD, PhD; Craig Uthe, MD; Jeffrey Leichter, PhD; Mary Wolf, MS; Margaret Hansen, PA, MPAS. Moderator: Robert J. Summerer, DO
- 11:45 a.m.............Update from University of South Dakota Sanford School of Medicine Dean Tim Ridgway, MD
- 12:15 p.m.............SDSMA PAC lunch (ticket required) - The State of Medical Marijuana - South Dakota Secretary of Health Kim Malsam-Rysdon
- 1:30 p.m...............Membership Open Forum - submit a policy issue to bring before the SDSMA Policy Council
- 2:30 p.m...............SDSMA Policy Council Meeting
- 6:30 p.m...............Membership Mixer
- 7:00 p.m..............Awards banquet, scholarship recognition & presidential inauguration (ticket required)
All activities are open to all members. Registration is required. The lunch and banquet require ticket/meal purchase.
Setup will accommodate social distancing.
Awards Banquet, Scholarship Recognition, and Presidential Inauguration
Enjoy a fun-filled evening. Start the evening with the Membership Mixer at 6:30 p.m., and continue the celebration at the Awards Banquet, Scholarship Recognition and Presidential Inauguration at 7 p.m., where Kara Dahl, MD, will be sworn in as SDSMA president, awards will be bestowed upon fellow colleagues, outgoing and incoming officers will be celebrated and welcomed, and medical student scholarship recipients will be recognized. The mixer is free of charge; banquet tickets must be purchased in advance. To buy tickets and register for other annual meeting activities, click here. Please purchase tickets and register by May 26.
SDSMA PAC Lunch to Feature SDDOH Secretary
The SDSMA PAC will welcome the Secretary of the South Dakota Department of Health, Kim Malsam-Rysdon for the SDSMA PAC Lunch at 12:15 p.m. Secretary Malsam-Rysdon will speak on the topic of medical marijuana legalization in South Dakota. Voters passed both medical and recreational marijuana legalization in the November 2020 election. Secretary Malsam-Rysdon has been SDDOH Secretary since 2015. She previously was Secretary of the South Dakota Department of Social Services.
Reserve your room at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Sioux Falls by
calling the hotel directly at 605-444-4704 Monday-Friday between 8
a.m.-5 p.m. CT or click here to book your room online. The deadline for the SDSMA block of rooms is May 11.
Interested in sponsoring or advertising? Click here for sponsorship levels and advertising options.
Participating in the SDSMA Annual Leadership Conference gives your organization exposure to physician leaders from throughout South Dakota, and shows your support for the association's physicians, residents and medical student members.