2021 Annual Leadership Conference
Friday, June 4 at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Sioux Falls
Registration is now closed.
The 2021 SDSMA Annual Leadership Conference is Friday, June 4 at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Sioux Falls. With presentations, discussions, networking opportunities and social events, the Annual Leadership Conference is a great time to share ideas and learn from fellow members.
Highlights include the South Dakota Secretary of Health answering your
questions about medical marijuana and the rules being developed to
implement this practice; and presentations given by experts on the topic
of physician burnout and wellness. The event will close with the awards
banquet, scholarship recognition and presidential inauguration (full
- 8:00 a.m...............Physician Leadership in Times of Crisis and Transition - Susan R. Bailey, MD, American Medical Association President
- 8:45 a.m...............Physician Burnout: Contributors, Consequences & Solutions - Colin P. West, MD, PhD
- 9:45 a.m...............Bouncing Forward: Navigating the Post-COVID World for Renewed Well-Being - Craig J. Uthe, MD; Jeffrey L. Leichter, PhD
- 10:45 a.m.............Panel Discussion: A Focus on Physician Well-Being - Tim M. Ridgway, MD; Colin P. West, MD, PhD; Craig J. Uthe, MD; Jeffrey Leichter, PhD; Mary A. Wolf, LPC-MH; Margaret B. Hansen, PA, MPAS, CMBE. Moderator: Robert J. Summerer, DO
- 11:45 a.m.............Update from University of South Dakota Sanford School of Medicine Dean Tim M. Ridgway, MD
- 12:15 p.m.............SDSMA PAC lunch (ticket required) - The State of Medical Marijuana in South Dakota - South Dakota Secretary of Health Kim Malsam-Rysdon
- 1:30 p.m...............Membership Open Forum
- 2:30 p.m...............SDSMA Policy Council Meeting
- 6:30 p.m...............Membership Mixer
- 7:00 p.m..............Awards banquet, scholarship recognition & presidential inauguration (ticket required)
Registration is required and is available until May 26. The lunch and banquet require ticket/meal purchase in advance.
CDC guidelines will be followed.
Awards Banquet, Scholarship Recognition, and Presidential Inauguration
Enjoy a fun-filled evening. Start the evening with the Membership Mixer at 6:30 p.m., and continue the celebration at the Awards Banquet, Scholarship Recognition and Presidential Inauguration at 7 p.m., where Kara Dahl, MD, will be sworn in as SDSMA president, awards will be bestowed upon fellow colleagues, outgoing and incoming officers will be celebrated and welcomed, and medical student scholarship recipients will be recognized. The mixer is free of charge and does not require tickets; banquet tickets must be purchased in advance and are available until May 26.
SDSMA PAC Lunch to Feature SDDOH Secretary
The SDSMA PAC will welcome the Secretary of the South Dakota Department of Health, Kim Malsam-Rysdon for the SDSMA PAC Lunch at 12:15 p.m. Secretary Malsam-Rysdon will speak on the topic of medical marijuana legalization in South Dakota. Voters passed both medical and recreational marijuana legalization in the November 2020 election. Secretary Malsam-Rysdon has been SDDOH Secretary since 2015. She previously was Secretary of the South Dakota Department of Social Services. Tickets must be purchased in advance for this event and are available until May 26.
Reserve your room at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Sioux Falls by
calling the hotel directly at 605-444-4704 Monday-Friday between 8
a.m.-5 p.m. CT.
Learn more about our sponsors:
Diamond: Avera COPIC Monument Health Sanford Health
Gold: South Dakota Foundation for Medical Care U.S. Army 3rd Medical Recruiting Battalion